Tuesday, March 3, 2009



www.pearlriver.com

I love to read. I love to get lost in an author's world, transported to a completely different place, all the while snuggled under a cozy blanket (or poolside under the warm, golden sun!). I constantly found myself in trouble as a child. Ditching whatever homework, or chore I was supposed to be doing, I would hide for hours with Nancy Drew, or some other mystery.

Today, if asked what my most prized possession is, I would reply that, other than my family photographs and heirlooms, my most favorite thing is my collection of books. Reading a book is like acquiring a friend. You are on a journey with the story, have spent hours getting to know the ins and outs and details of its existence. When the journey ends I have never been able to bare giving my new friend up. Over the years, as one might imagine, my collection of books has grown. One day I hope to have a room covered with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, so that all my "friends" may find comfort. This day has yet to come. In the meantime I think these turquoise Foo Dogs would do an excellent job of guarding my most prized collection, and make wonderful bookends while doing it. Available at Pearl River, they suggest a story all their own.

No comments: