Monday, October 12, 2009

Vivre

I accidentally took a lengthy hiatus from writing. I think life requires them sometimes. In this case however, it was more than a break, it was more like a spiritual sabbatical. My soul very much needed time to refresh and rejuvenate, to just "be". I think it is very telling that I chose the quote in my last blog entry before signing off for a bit.

I am very appreciative for the now simple (and I stress "now" because this wasn't the easiest concept to grasp) understanding that I simply won't always understand. This wonderful, beautiful state of self understanding, acceptance and appreciation has been a direct result of the adventure life has created for me. Although sometimes filled with just as many "downs" as "ups", it is worth every beautiful breath.

I chose this picture by Abby Sharp because of nothing more complicated than the fact that I love it. If I could capture the feeling life inspires in me in an image, this is what it would look like. It makes me smile. It's how I feel on the inside. I am so grateful for who I am today, and am looking forward to becoming the person I will be tomorrow, ups, downs and everything in between.

No comments: