Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why Not?

I've been searching, and on the look out for an inspirational quote. Something that will keep me thinking, without the cheese factor (and one does have to be careful when displaying quotes - there is a very fine line with all the quote paraphernalia on the market these days). The reason for my quest being that I have a wall in my little house that is bare. Bare and just begging for something wonderful. Once I find my quote, why not get a bit creative and paint it in huge black letters, I thought? Well, one night while reading the NY Times online and procrastinating going to bed (one of my guiltiest pleasures), I found it. It doesn't matter what it is (I like the idea of it being a bit private, and my own personal inspiration despite the idea that I originally planned on having it out in the open, plastered across my largest wall, for all to see). What I ended up doing, out of lack of ginormous canvas & enough black and white oil paint to cover said ginormous canvas at three in the morning, was grabbing my favorite blood red nail polish (the one I don't have the cojones to wear) and painting my new found quote on the wide, floor length mirror in my bathroom. Mind you, to the outsider, it may look ridiculous, but to me it is perfect, and although I didn't know it, exactly what I had in mind. So, in the end, my self taught lesson is, why not step out of the box, color outside the lines, get creative and see where it leads us?

No comments: