Thursday, May 8, 2008

On the Seventh Day of Mother's Day My Loved Ones Gave to Me



www.bocaresort.com

A weekend of luxurious pampering at the Boca Raton Resort in Florida! I fell in love with this place the moment I saw it's pink, Moorish exterior. The most expensive hotel ever built in it's time (1926), the BRR was intended to be the "greatest resort in the world". With it's intriguing history, eccentric visionary (Addison Mizner was known for greeting guests with his pet monkey in tow, hence the appropriately named, Mizner's Monkey Bar, located off the lobby), and 1920s, Mediterranean influenced interior, I knew I would never want to leave. The cool, crisp white lobby, lined with ornate palm inspired columns and Spanish-Gothic archways made me want to immediately re-decorate my house upon returning to Charlotte (my dream home will one day be a tribute to it's airy, tropical decor). One visit to their website and I guarantee you too will be wishing you were strolling it's lush, tropical grounds, sipping the resort's signature key limeade (you can hardly imagine how delectably delicious it is unless you've had a glass) after a lavishly decadent treatment from Spa Palazzo (inspired by Spain’s Alhambra Palace, of course).

No comments: