Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Eleven Days Of Mother's Day

Not a mother myself, my sister and best friend proudly has six (yes, as in half a dozen) to call her own. She is the epitome of motherhood; constantly without sleep, forever racing here, there and everywhere, selflessly devoting her energies (I am completely aware that it would be traditionally spelled "energy", but this woman has so much, she has energies) to her crew, all the while radiating the purest of beauty, possible only because she truly loves her children with all her heart. I am forever in awe of her, and incredibly proud of her natural ability to do all of this so effortlessly. Although I think the world of her, I realize she is not the only Goddess of Motherhood. In fact, I am certain there are many. Otherwise the world would not be such a wonderous place.

Instead of the traditional one day celebration, I think our mothers deserve more. In fact, I think a count down is in order. Celebrate your mother, her mother, and their mothers before them. Celebrate The Eleven Days of Mother's Day.

No comments: