Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mixing It Up


www.neimanmarcus.com

I have always been a fan of simple, yet elegant, white dinnerware. The main reason being it allows me the freedom to get as creative as I want with the rest of my table decorations when entertaining. Everything goes with white, and if I want a bit of pattern, I can add it with dessert or salad plates. If not, then I can glam it up with table linens. Although still an advocate of understated white, traditional blue china can also compliment many a dinner party theme. The above set, available at Neiman's and dare I say on sale, is a smart, eclectic take on a more conservative matchy-matchy pattern. Accessorize your table with canary yellow or peony pink napkins. If going for a more sophisticated, demure look, try a crimson red reminiscent of the shade used in China to celebrate the New Year. Your guests will no doubt raise their glass to toast in approval!

No comments: