Saturday, May 24, 2008

Shady Behavior


www.pier1.com

The little guesthouse I have come to call home is perfect in every way. I especially love the open feeling possible only from the multiple french doors in every room. A favorite of mine since childhood when my mother had them installed in every possible wall of the house, they invite the outside world in. Each room's doors meet and open out onto two decks in my current residence. Although I love the sunlight that trickles in through the unusual surrounding bamboo and oak forest, I am aware that too much sun exposure is never a good thing. So, off I went, on the hunt for something to shield me from those dangerous rays. Et viola, the sun parasols from Pier 1! Like the handsome china in my last post, these blue & white umbrellas will go with ANYTHING. Put it on your deck, patio or beside each chair by the pool. They will beckon to you to come sit, relax, and pick up that book you've been meaning to begin...

No comments: