Monday, May 12, 2008

On the Tenth Day of Mother's Day My Loved Ones Gave to Me


www.gucci.com

It is still some what of a mystery how my fashionista, NYC born and bred mother and intellectual, L.L.Bean "dungaree" wearing father decided to become a pair. Lord only knows just what my father's family thought when he first brought her home to New England. His sister's favorite memory of my mother probably sums it up. Apparently, while waiting in the Madrid airport to fly home to Bombay, where American Express had us living, my mother not knowing what to do with me (my nanny had gone off to the bathroom) tucked me into her large hobo. My aunt, appalled, protested the move by claiming you simply could not put a baby in a handbag. Without batting an eyelash, my mother casually replied, "Well, if Gucci isn't good enough for her, I don't know what is".

I have more than a few friends who currently have little miracles in the oven, or just welcomed them to their world. Although not available for me when my mother needed it most, Gucci now offers the best looking baby carrier by far. Whether on Mommy or Daddy, the classic double G logo has never looked better. And after all, it's never too early...

No comments: